100 g sweetcorn (from a tin)
100 g gram flour (chickpea flour)
1 crushed garlic clove
2 tbsp lemon juice
15 g freshly chopped coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp mild chilli powder (or a pinch of chili flakes)
1 tsp salt
vegetable oil to fry
- Grate the courgettes on the coarse side of a cheese grater.
- Place in a large mixing bowl with the drained corn, gram flour, garlic powder, lemon juice, finely chopped coriander, ground cumin, chilli powder and salt. Mix together until well combined. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Add enough vegetable oil to a large frying pan to fill it to 1cm high.
- Heat on high until the oil starts bubbling. Add 1 heaped tablespoon of the vegetable mixture to make your first fritter. Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Once the fritter is cooked to one side, flipped it over with a large flat spatula and flatten it gently. Cook until the fritter is golden on both sides.
- Place the cooked fritter on a plate lined with a kitchen towel and keep warm while you make the rest of the fritters.
- Cook the rest of the fritters until you have used all the batter. Depending on the size of your frying pan you might be able to cook 2 to 3 fritters at a time.
- Serve straight away with a yoghurty dip.